Make Yourself

Wisdom An Internet Linked Unit Study


Wisdom An Internet Linked Unit Study
SEE SAMPLE PAGES AND CUSTOMER RAVE REVIEWS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.

The Bible views man as a unified whole, never separating academic learning from spiritual wisdom. Is your homeschooling on the right path? Are you reaching for the right goal? It does not matter how hard you try or how diligent you are if you don't have the right directions. Are you headed in the right direction?

Suppose you wanted to go to a city in Texas but you were given a map to Florida mislabeled Texas? Following the directions would not work even if you changed your tried harder, or increased your speed. You would still be lost! The problem is not your attitude or effort. The problem is you have the wrong map.

Many homeschoolers are following the wrong map on their homeschool journey. They follow the state standards, curriculum scope and sequence or SAT benchmarks. This unique unit study is a map to TRUE Wisdom.

A map is not a territory it is explanation of certain aspects of a territory. In this study you will learn that true wisdom is understanding and knowing God. The moment we understand and know God-we begin to see His holiness-we see His purposes, His love for men; we know who God is, so there's never any hesitation to obey Him. By following this map to Wisdom you and your students will learn:

* Where the wise path is and how to stay on it.

* How to stay off the worldly path


* How to set wise goals

* The importance of obedience


* How to pray for wisdom

* How to study God's Word


* How to make wise decisions

* How to choose friends wisely


* How to choose counsel wisely

* How to Managing Conflict Wisely


* How to have the ultimate relationship with Christ

* And more!

THIS STUDY IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU WILL EVER DO WITH YOUR CHILDREN!

GET ON THE RIGHT PATH, NOW!

There are two ways to live life wisely or unwise. When we follow the path of wisdom the results are joy, peace, contentment, confidence and in the presence of God. The results of living unwisely are conflct, discouragement, disappointment, dissolution, and discontentment. Can you see this information is more important than any academics?

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. "Ephesians 5:15-17.

According to Proverbs, the wise man has length of days and long life and peace and prosperity. God desires that we walk wisely so we can become the persons He created us to be and accomplish the work He has called us to do.

Download the EBook (electronic book in Adobe Acrobat format) to read and print from your computer today. Purchase Here

WHAT YOU GET

This organized yet flexible Bible focused unit study includes:

* Overview


* Objectives

* Timeline


* Vocabulary

* Annotated Resource Lists (books, Internet sites, videos, software, etc)

* 19 Four-Step Lessons!

FOUR STEP LESSONS


There are four basic steps in each Heart of Wisdom Unit Study lesson based on the four major learning styles. Studies show this four-step method motivates students to comprehend the material better and retain the information longer.

* STEP 1 EXCITE: Create an interest

* STEP 2 EXAMINE: Find out the Facts

* STEP 3 EXPAND: Do something with what was learned

* STEP 4 EXCEL: Pull everything together and share with someone.

PURCHASE HERE


INTERNET-LINKED LESSONS!

EACH HEART OF WISDOM UNIT STUDY CONTAINS ACTIVE LINKS WHICH WILL TAKE YOU:

* BIBLE STUDY TOOLS



* VIDEO CLIPS



* FREE ONLINE BOOKS



* CRAFT INSTRUCTIONS



* BIBLE STUDIES



* BIOGRAPHIES



* WORKSHEETS



* EXPERIMENTS



* RELEVANT ARTICLES



* WRITING INSTRUCTION



* ILLUSTRATIONS



* MAPS



* QUIZZES


* AND MORE!

HOMESCHOOL REVIEWS


AUTHOR: LIZ FENSTEMAKER READ1STJOHN@HIROAD.NET

Every family who does the study will flavor it with their own character, so no two families will do it exactly the same--for instance, Robin suggests reading from an alternative resource called "Heart of the King" each day; some families might not order it, but we did and each day we do ONE verse and it has sparked such intensive conversation between the kids and me that we can spend nearly an hour on that part alone!

HOW is a provision of God to my family. I can't tell you the number of times I have cried as it has ministered to my heart, how many times I have thanked God for a "curriculum" that integrates what I believe so strongly about education into one package, that it gives me a fleshed-

out skeleton to trim or add to as He leads, and still leaves me time to be a

mother.I tried doing unit studies before and while the kids loved them and learned from them, I was worn out by keeping up with planning and trying to locate/substitute books that were no longer in print or carried by the library. The fact that HOW puts God's Word in its proper position of preeminence is the best part. It is natural to it, like breathing and so my kids are being bathed in it constantly. Since God's Word is living and powerful and they are bathing in it, I expect to see some beautiful fruit : )

AUTHOR: WILLIAM CANANT (EAC8689@WMCONNECT.COM)

I love the Wisdom unit study! We have homeschooled for 9 years and this is the

best study we have experienced. Robin has developed an excellent Bible-based study and I appreciate her work so much.

AUTHOR: UNKNOWN

Using HOW has been a life-changing experience for our entire family. We spend more time together in God's Word and are growing in our understanding together! Learning Israel's history has been a tremendous benefit to understanding all of history, past, present, and future. Also, learning about our Hebrew roots has brought new life to our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Science units are wonderful as well, tying it all together in the creation order. We are just beginning the Wisdom unit and are gleaning so much already. I know that God orchestrated HOW becoming part of our homeschooling.

AUTHOR: UNKNOWN

We have loved it so far, though we are moving slowly through the material for greater retention of the truths. We have only been using the materials for one month. I believe HOW is an answer to prayer and it has been a great blessing to my family.

We are using Creation and Wisdom currently. We are only a few lessons into it and already my 14 year-old is planning to put a Creation Science Club together [there isn't one in our area] in order to encourage/teach others the truth of a literal, six-day Creation and its foundational importance.The units are teaching ME so much. The Wisdom unit has been very convicting and has led to many precious and invaluable discussions with my children.I so appreciate the ease of use and the fact that HOW can be used in the way God leads a particular family using it. Because of this ability to flex to the family and be individualized, HOW keeps learning engaging and interesting rather than dry. Thank you Robin for all of the hard work you've put into HOW!

AUTHOR: MERRILEE DEFOE, ECLECTIC HOMESCHOOL

I must say I'm thankful for this unit study, I realize that I am lacking wisdom and that the path I am on is definitely not going to lead me to it! So if I'm not on the correct path, how can I lead my children down the correct path? The answer is simple... I can't. I must first change the direction of my path and, like little ducklings follow their mama, my children will follow meThis unit study is worth its weight in gold; not only will your children benefit from it, your whole family will benefit from it.

AUTHOR: UNKNOWN

We have only been using the materials for one month. I believe HOW is an answer to prayer and it has been a great blessing to my family.

We are using Creation and Wisdom currently. We are only a few lessons into it and already my 14 year-old is planning to put a Creation Science Club together [there isn't one in our area] in order to encourage/teach others the truth of a literal, six-day Creation and its foundational importance.The units are teaching ME so much. The Wisdom unit has been very convicting and has led to many precious and invaluable discussions with my children.I so appreciate the ease of use and the fact that HOW can be used in the way God leads a particular family using it. Because of this ability to flex to the family and be individualized, HOW keeps learning engaging and interesting rather than dry. Thank you Robin for all of the hard work you've put into HOW!

AUTHOR: SUZANNE

I've just read through all your on-line material and am very impressed. I home- schooled my 5 children for 14 years and used many of the resources you refer to. We used them to the best of our ability but you've integrated them so beautifully! I will be ordering them as I'm still home-schooling my 14 year-old son. I will certainly pass this site on to all my friends!

AUTHOR: IONA

My parents bought the Wisdom unit study for me (I'm 16!) and in the nearly three lessons that I've done already, I am absolutely blown away! Wisdom just has so much to it--and the extra books recommended are pretty heavy stuff too! But seriously, I doubt that there would be another unit of this depth and intensity as this one--Wisdom is just the best, and I've learned heaps! Thank you so much for putting this out!

AUTHOR: CINDY PEARSON

Cindy Pearson The unit study exceeded our expectations. Our son is 14. I have already recommended the study to several families. There were several things that we liked about the wisdom study. The study was very well organized, making it extremely "user friendly."In particular I appreciated the way it facilitated personalizing the study. The introduction to each lesson and the variety of possible activities/projects was extremely helpful. Not only did the study help my son with his research and writing skills, I saw spiritual growth and maturity in him as well as in myself.The only negative thing I have to say is regarding one of the supplemental resources. We didn't care for the videos from the series "Making a Decision that Lasts Forever!" Perhaps they would have been acceptable to some families but we objected to some of the images in the introductions and some of the comments.Beyond that the style was something we don't care for in our family, but that would be a personal issue. Another resource that I found that you might want to consider adding is a book by Derek Leman and published by Lederer/Messianic Jewish Communications entitled, "Proverbial Wisdom and Common Sense."

AUTHOR: CAROLE

I LOVE this study. My son is almost 12. I agree with you that this is the most important study we can ever do! The wonderful thing about it is that it is timeless.

AUTHOR: IAIN BELOT

The Wisdom Unit Study exceeded my expectations. It is a great development of a worldview. The material is well presented and flexible. My child who is 15 is doing well at the unit. My 12 year old is not mature enough in her level of abstract thinking to deal with the issues.I am education co-ordinator for Spirit of Truth and we have made this unit a key unit in our core curriculum. The curriculum is excellent in its development of a Christian worldview. The unit frames future counselling around references to Mistress Wisdom and Mistress Folly.

AUTHOR: JANINE

I did the Wisdom study along with Adam to Abraham and Creation this year. I am homeschooling three of my boys ages 9, 15, & 17. I intended to use Wisdom as an elective for my high schoolers only but my 9 year old also enjoyed quietly listening to our conversations while we did this study.For those parents who use this, I would just recommend a private prayer time alone before teaching each lesson, because the material covered and the lessons learned are the most important for a parent to discuss with a child, especially older children who will soon be making their own decisions.I have to echo those that say this study is an answer to prayer. We only did this study twice a week because we always ended up spending many hours without stopping and it spilled over to what we had scheduled for the day. Be warned, once you start, you won't want to stop to study anything else! I wouldn't recommend that this study be used in whole for younger children, but you could do the study yourself and then paraphrase a smaller version or make parables for younger students, then revisit the study in whole when they are older, 8th grade on.

AUTHOR: MARIA

I can't tell you what a blessing the Wisdom unit study has been to our family. It's just what we needed to get back on track. We had drifted from our original goal to teach our children God's ways. Our focus switched to academics, logic and Latin--of all things!The children really enjoy the lessons and look forward to them. We've all really enjoyed the Bible tidbits you link to on the Internet. I feel like I am now following God's way and the burden has been lifted! It is true, His burden is light. When I stopped pursuing the world and got the right focus, school became much easier. God bless your work.

AUTHOR: UNKNOWN

We have loved it so far, though we are moving slowly through the material for greater retention of the truths. We have only been using the materials for one month.I believe HOW is an answer to prayer and it has been a great blessing to my family. We are using Creation and Wisdom currently. We are only a few lessons into it and already my 14 year-old is planning to put a Creation Science Club together [there isn't one in our area] in order to encourage/teach others the truth of a literal, six-day Creation and its foundational importance. The units are teaching ME so much.The Wisdom unit has been very convicting and has led to many precious and invaluable discussions with my children. I so appreciate the ease of use and the fact that HOW can be used in the way God leads a particular family using it. Because of this ability to flex to the family and be individualized, HOW keeps learning engaging and interesting rather than dry. Thank you Robin for all of the hard work you've put into HOW!

AUTHOR: UNKNOWN

We started the Wisdom unit study about a month agomy daughters are 15 and 17. Since we started using Heart of Wisdom several years ago, guess who's learned the most? That would be me! Yes, my girls have learned much, too, but I am mostly convinced that God brought HOW into our lives to teach me, and the Wisdom unit is no exception.It's not that I didn't learn any of what's in there before, but it is so well-organized and in-depth that I am re-learning and being added to with its content. Plus, it is so timely with all the major (and minor) decisions in our lives this year. I am working ahead in the unit on my own and so appreciating its input in my life. It is an amazing unit study and I am so thankful for its part in "our" curriculum.

AUTHOR: DEBRA LYNN

This unit study looks awesome... I have gone through much of the material and can highly recommend its use in the homeschool as well as for youth groups in a congregational setting or family devotional type learning setting. I really was bowled over when I saw the material I received for the money I paid. This was a real bargain in value learned versus value spent.

AUTHOR: JANIS LEAL

My husband and I were highly satisfied and impressed with the Wisdom Unit Study. This is the first HOW unit study that we have used so far, and we are just finishing it now. We thought it was quite comprehensive, without being "bogged down" or over-done. We were especially impressed with the wealth of suggested resources, and, of course, the INTERNET RESOURCES -- WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing such a thorough job!

AUTHOR: JANIS LEAL

My husband and I were highly satisfied and impressed with the Wisdom Unit Study. This is the first HOW unit study that we have used so far, and we are just finishing it now. We thought it was quite comprehensive, without being "bogged down" or over-done. We were especially impressed with the wealth of suggested resources, and, of course, the INTERNET RESOURCES -- WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing such a thorough job!

It really communicated to me, who has been a homeschooling mom/teacher/disciple for 9 years that you seem to TRULY CARE about this, rather than just putting something together to sell.Only one wish: that it would incorporate the younger children a bit more. However, we just included them and made projects for them at their level, and it was fine. Truthfully, the Wisdom study was just as much a learning tool for my husband and I (if not MORE) as it was for the children. It was a timely tool in the Lord's hands for our family!

AUTHOR: KAREN M. IN FLORIDA

The Wisdom Unit Study is wonderful. I am getting through it slowly but I have enjoyed it so far. My children are 13, 9, 6, and 2 but I am using the study right now for myself. It has really made me think. I have loved the reading so far. I have read through and thought about things that I have just skimmed over in the past. I think this is a great study not just for children but for the adults. I have learned so much for myself. I also plan on doing the other studies as well.

AUTHOR: KATHY KIN, FAMILY BOOKSHELF

Everyone I talk to tells what a bargain Heart of Wisdom studies are. My goodness, in Wisdom alone I have downloaded enough web sites to be well worth purchasing a book that costs 40-50, rather than the 15 you sell this atworth its weight in gold.

PURCHASE HERE



0 comments:

Post a Comment