Make Yourself

Clear Your Mind Of Cant


Clear Your Mind Of Cant
Chapter 1 Reflection: Being a Leader

I think that leadership first and foremost is an aspiration that most strive to perfect in their personal and professional lives. We measure success based on the development of our own leadership qualities and while everyone can learn ways to be a better leader, not everyone will take on the role. Leadership can be perceived in many different ways, and takes on many different meanings, depending on the person you ask. For me, a leader is someone who is not afraid to take the fall for a group, who can work among the members of the group, and who can set forth the foundation for a common vision in a group.

After taking the conceptualizing leadership questionnaire, I found that I define and view leadership most as a trait (17) and a relationship (17), followed by a skill (15), ability (12), and a behavior (11) respectively. As far as a trait goes, I do believe that leaders have unique qualities that allows for good leadership. As they practice the art of leadership more, their traits allow them to sharpen or refine their skills of being a leader. Defining leadership as a relationship is something that I strongly agree with. A good leader can come into a group, delegate tasks, share a common goal, and get the job done. A great leader can do the same, but also really know the people he or she is working with. I believe that most great leaders have a wonderful relationship with the people they work with.

I did not find it at all surprising that I view and define leadership with the behavior emphasis least. Since behavior is something that is observed by others, we really cannot control how others interpret that behavior. I also think it's the downfall for most leaders. We can try out best to show our behavior in the best light, but sometimes it is not enough.

Credit: umad-dating-advices.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment