Make Yourself

Leadership Test Book Summary


Leadership Test Book Summary Image
Great book by Timothy R. Clark. Here is my summary.

"LEADERSHIP IS THE PROCESS OF INFLUENCING VOLUNTEERS TO ACCOMPLISH GOOD THINGS."

The Spectrum of Influence: Manipulation - Persuasion - Coercion

LEADERSHIP HAS A FRONT END AND A BACK END.

Persuasion is the front end. Accountability is the back end.

But here's the catch-if you lead through persuasion and fail to hold people accountable, you're just a fun guy to be around. You're not a leader.

Accountability means you set clear and fair expectations, as well as clear and fair consequences for meeting or not meeting those expectations. You work with people in an open, honest, and respectful way with no surprises.

Leadership is about influence-through-persuasion combined with accountability. But it's also about the intent to help people accomplish good things. Our intent is reflected in what we do and how we do it. Humans are pretty good at sniffing out intent. If your boss wasn't interested in your personal growth and development, what happens to his ability to influence you?

Leaders qualify themselves based on the manner of their influence and the nature of their intent.

Putting stewardship above self-interest is an act of leadership.

THE LEADERSHIP TEST


Throughout your life, you will be tested in five different ways to do this very thing.

* FILL YOUR PACK.

* SIGN YOUR NAME.

* SHARE THE STAGE.

* TAKE THE OATH.

* POUR YOUR


"SELF-ASSESSMENT" Every leader has a stewardship. It may be big or small. That's not what matters. What matters is whether you can put stewardship above self-interest and consistently perform acts of leadership based on your influence and intent."

* I consistently demonstrate a pattern of filling my pack with responsibilities based on good judgment and a willingness to help.

* I consistently demonstrate a pattern of signing my name to the results of those I lead when they are poor results.

* I consistently demonstrate a pattern of sharing the stage with others by giving them recognition first and taking recognition for myself last.

* I consistently demonstrate a pattern of taking the oath by drawing a clear distinction between my stewardship and my self-interest, and by acting with honesty and integrity.

* I consistently demonstrate a pattern of pouring my cup into the lives of others by mentoring those who might benefit from my unique experience, talents, and abilities.

To buy the book visit here.

DID YOU FIND THE SUMMARY USEFUL?



Labels: alpha male walk  biotest alpha male  alpha male clothes  alpha male pheromones  alpha male by biotest  alpha male personality  neil strauss tyler durden  best dating advice  

0 comments:

Post a Comment