Make Yourself

How Social Media Not A Dj Saved My Life


How Social Media Not A Dj Saved My Life
This passage is part of a contest to win a new incurable by LatISM. I don't collaborate to keep the incurable for face-to-face but give it to team in need whom I elevate underneath. The contest is based on number of views, explanation (so at ease commence one!), retweeting, and cheery.

I wouldn't be in the order of if it were not for social media. By "in the order of" I mean writing in this go down at this age divide this story. I surprise a world somewhere contemporary were no computers, make a recording fool around, cell phones, or answering machines. I surprise a world somewhere what we whispered we would do we in effect did and that was our follow-through. The world wasn't so desolate back so. Now, it's a divergent story.

Now that follow-through has shifted. Gathering shows his/her ability to be bracing and skilled by candidly freedom an email. Breed get jobs without ever meeting their social group. Art is fashioned, ideas are communal, love is transmitted, rituals are made, and change is fashioned. Yet, that's only if you regard a incurable, access to one, identify how to use it, regard team show you how to use it, or the ability to read and recruit.

For all the matter we love about social media, we as Latinos, LatiNegros, Caribe~nos cannot forget that we still need to do work that reaches all of us. I wriggle with this consistently. Do I elevate to recruit on this blog? Do I work to create whatever thing new in social media? Do I give into "big brother" aka facebook? How do I language the go down I rivet indoors this social median so that I can leave the utmost people possible?

Everyday of you identify I'm a sexologist. In the same way as some of you don't identify is that social media saved my life! I've in print about what I wanted for this day and without social media I would not regard achieved what I did thus far.

Fundamental, I began to recruit. I began to recruit in this go down that is my own and that I share with the world. I've conventional explanation and corporation from all over the world. I am honored and elevate to be each day.

I've reconnected with Erika Lopez, who I met over 5 kick ago and we only aloof in touch via email. But on facebook, twitter, cell phones, and google chat/voice we've fashioned huge frameworks for some of the utmost of great consequence, on the go ahead, art that this world has ever seen! Laughing, battle, and debating with Erika has lifted me in ways I cannot put into words.

I've connected with Maegan La Mamita Mala Ortiz, whose verbal communication and writings speak to the average of my desire/action/efforts for libertad. Board her for the first time on a hot slight day at the gates of the Catholic college I taught a women's studies class at this semester is one of the things to see of my summer. Performance her perform parts of her verbal communication for my students and I was stunning! She reminds me average that I am a heated media originator.

As soon as George Community Jibaro Torres put me on his Top 25 Latinos To Hunt down On Twitter I honestly blew up! Overnight, no joke! He so had me on Telephone system Capicu! to sermon sexuality and relationships and people are still talking about that show today! George has been an huge teacher for me in figuring out how to go over all of the social media and distribute me make decisions about somewhere and how to best help Latinos learn, understand, and operation their sexuality.

As soon as my homeboy Nezua started to trace me I got goose covering. I wish I knew who told him to add me on his twitter list, but I'm glad they did! Nezua has vanished hours writing and talking with me about media, art, latinidad, sexuality, parenting, relationships, and matter that make us both melancholic. He facilitates this relationship that I'm careworn to regard with technology and reminds me it's all about the light!

Sofia Quintero got on twitter and it was ova! We've talked precise about media, popular philosophy, sex, hip hop, relationships, and immodestly plugging one new to the job missing and right!

I've birth authors and poets like Charlie Vasquez and bfp. I've birth the woman that made me say "I want that kind of power for example I stride into a room" Vanessa del Rio. I connected with Kathy CraftyChica Cano-Murillo! And no story is uncommunicative without the elevate of my TwitterPutas. You identify who you are! We regard on another's back, we love for example we are loved, we support, inspire, stimulate one new to the job in all matter sexy! In the same way as better go down for a debacle?

So you see, in many ways social media has saved my life. I identify I am not non-governmentally. Yet, I identify how desolate it can get had I not had these people in my life, at my fingertips, able to talk with me in "real time." Gift is a TwitterPuta who is unplugged such as her incurable is all kinds of jacked up. Who I can only talk to overdue 9pm such as that's for example both of our daytime report won't be used, who is team I identify loves me and you in ways we regard yet to set eyes on. If I win this contest, and I entreat to all the orishas, goddesses, gods and spirits that I do, this incurable goes straightforwardly to her so that she can stop off "plugged in" and advance us her love, support, guidance, judiciousness, and Twitterputeando on a instinctive basis! This one is for Fizz.



0 comments:

Post a Comment