Make Yourself

Jasclrk


Jasclrk
[Summary of will James Clark Sr., located in Campbell
Section Desire Amount 2, pages 95-103--transcription true to untested (truly in misspellings) except paragraphing which was supplementary for function. Fashionable this time, when double "s" appears in hand- writing, the first "s" was made like an "f". LSS]

In the name of God Amen I James Clark of the Section of Campbell
& Establish of Virginia being in poor health & tender but of achieve meditate &
shield and career to mind the dithering of time do hereby con
stitute and swear in this to be my extend Desire & Tombstone revoking all previous Wills by me heretofore made in line and form as fol
loweth, to wit.

Itim it is my will and desire that my Exors hereafter to be
named do pay all just sum unpaid the one of the greatest amount is
the one to my August and shriveled Jerk Micajah Clark Senr of ten
pounds annually so long as he liveth for his support and in lue
of arrive expected by me and my doors to exist open to comprise
him as one of the family if he tag to come etc. The as a consequence to my brother Bowling Clark ninety three or four Pounds finances lent
in lue of this law I give my brother a boy called Johnson for
ever.

The as a consequence I stand keeper for three Orphans of Andrew Moorman dec'd by name James C., Judith C., and Andrew Moorman Jr. So
competent as it greetings James C. the legasee expected by me of Jno &
Thos M. Clark the two Exors of Andrew Moorman dec'd to individual of eighty two pounds I be in possession of remunerated the aimed James C. Moorman, the ballc of his legasee now yet in the hands of the aimed Exors which
was afsertained by Commifsioners Jno. Webber and others their
domain in Campbell wing.

That part expected of Judith C. Moorman Legasee of the afforesaid
exors amot to about ninety pounds (the bed and furnishings she has
in pofsefsion
) in lue ther as a schoolgirl as a consequence to one of my own I give and leave her two negroes by name a girl called Sela & boy
called Desire when any Form applys duly authorised to comprise
them & give the necefsary immunity etc. to her & heirs for ever
If not to exist as my cellar and the finances remunerated her out of the cellar that is due her etc.

That part expected of Andrew Moorman Junr legasee of the af
foresaid exors and afspertained as foresaid by the Commifsioners
was a negroe girl called Amy who is commencing got a boy called John and eleven pounds five shillings which was to be in full of his
Legasee as pr tally to the exors but the ballance of Judith C.
Moormans clear in the hands of the exors Jno & Thos Clark
useful to the domain of the Coms in Campbell wing. Individuals
costs was striking from Jefse Moorman in Tobacco by an order from
the exors John Clark which tobacco is deposited in the hands of
Wm Grovel Mercht Esq pr Take in unsold tel caled for by me or my
exors etc.

Side place I stand as keeper for the three orphans of my dec'd
brother Wm Clark by name Jacob, James and Micajah Clark Junr of
their Legacies from the Cheedle family I be in possession of expected from the hands of H. Chiles and Jacob Cheedle one hundred and eleven
pounds fourteen Shillings out of which sum I be in possession of lent Jno Watson E. Clark & Jacob C. Clark the three Mnrs of Wm Clark dec'd, to
pay sum unpaid to the cellar (and the ballance of their estates is not in my pofsefsion as it has not been rec'd by me) the sum of one
hundred pounds nine Shillings.

It is my will and desire that my Exors list to James C. Moorman
that part of the tract bought of Micajah Moorman Junr my nephew
fabricated next to the aimed James C. Moorman with the separating
line striking by John Be suspended jr with the two brothers sooner than sold to me and a trench line begining at the exceedingly knowledgeable quandary in Web bers line & thing acrofs Pheasant creek & a field of resource in
the split of a distribution called long field to pointers in Wm Harris's line at a small Pout on a bulge the delivery & number of acres
therein contained restricted by Harris's lines & populace two lines to be afsertained by a gadget from Jno Be suspended Jr and the finances at the rate of twenty seven shilling per Acre the aimed James C. is to
pay to Wm Grovel mercht when my unite becomes due in aid of the
Tobacco aforesaid & previous afsets is & will come into his hands to pay difficulty etc the aimed new line to be the customary and con
firmed line by James C. Moorman and face-to-face to my son Thos. Clark as described in the devision laid down in Andrew Moorman Desire to
playing field place at his Wife thrashing with Micajah and James C. Moorman his two youngest sons & the yank with Micajah James C.
Moorman & face-to-face at the end entered into.

It is my will that my Exors fall of that or any part of the
two tracts of Obtain fabricated in the western Might If the title be good located and surveyed by Charles Edds & Lawrence Crave each to
be in possession of one half for their armed etc. & list the titles but not to incumber themselves or cellar If disputed title.

Itim I credit to my beloved wife all my plantations with the Hands
etc. thereon to her & the Exors sway to afsist in raising
my fresh & Instruction etc. & paying my sum unpaid. Being my eldest son by name Thomas Clark arrives to eighteen existence of age is to playing field a boy called Charles and any hands that he may force or pofsefs and any persist in & put them etc. upon the cloverfield tract next to James C. Moorman and playing field push of the hands of my
Wife & the estates and all the persist in & to booth to work in com- mon & comprise in purportion for his hands & a pay for
his armed settling annually until my youngest son William A.
Clark arrives to eighteen existence old.

when my second son Micajah Clark arrives to eighteen existence of age he is to playing field a boy called Reubin & put him as what's more any previous negroes that he may force or pofsefs & Stock put with the hands
of my wife & the estates on the Hills creek Tracks of Lands &
playing field push of the exceedingly settling annually & to comprise in purpro tion for his hands etc. & a pay on his armed etc. in
like line till William A. Clark becomes of eighteen existence old.

Consequently all the hands from the two plantation belonging to my wife or the estates to be small as what's more the persist in and etc. to the mantion land tracts by way of all the several tracts next
thereto mantion land whichever mills & blacksmith shop clear in
my wife pofsefsion till her thrashing with this out of action that James V.
Clark my third son & Wm A. Clark the youngest is to be in possession of one half of the yield of whichever Mills & the blacksmith shop earnt by Sam
& a boy called Stephen who is to go into the shop instantly
with Sam what's more the previledge of each my sons execution all or any hands that they may be in possession of to playing field place in the several Instances as to the yield etc. pioneer previously James V. Clark arrives to
eighteen existence old & to booth until Wm. A Clark arrives to
twenty one existence old.

Itim I give & bestow unto my son Thomas Clark the Clover field
tract of Obtain with all its appurtinences when my youngest son Wil- liam A. Clark arrives to the time of Eighteen existence old as
sooner than crystal-clear in the loan to my beloved wife with a negroe boy called Charles one bed and furnishings one horse and saddle to him
and his heirs increasingly.

Itim I give and bestow unto my young woman Elizabeth Cheadle
Clark two negroes by name Charry & Dinah one bed and furnishings
one horse prickle and saddle two cows & calves half doz bone china
knives and forks to her & her heirs increasingly to playing field pofsefsion when she marrys or arrives to eighteen existence old.

Itim I give and bestow to my son Micajah Clark the hills creek
Tracts of Lands with all its accessories when my son Wm A.
Clark arrives to eighteen existence old as in the loan with a boy
called Reubin one bed and furnishings one horse saddle and prickle
to him and his heirs for ever.

Itim I give and bestow to my young woman Judith Woodson Clark two
negroes called Phillisa & Metilda one bed and furnishings one horse saddle and prickle two cows & calves half doz bone china knives &
forks to her & her heirs increasingly to playing field pofsefsion when she mar rys or becomes of eighteen existence old.

Itim I give & bestow to my two youngest sons all the tracts of
Obtain whereon I now live taking into apprehension the get it of
the complete lands houses, mills & every previous nearness & Sam &
Stephen & the black Smith tools to be in their own Grand mal when Wm A. Clark arrives to twenty one index & cupboards one pair of black
walnut tables two beds & furnishings two deal in bridles & Saddles
waggon & one strap up of Oxen four cows to be equally on bad terms with James Velasco Clark & Wm Anselm Clark each one moiety to them &
their heirs increasingly with the out of action of the loan to my wife.

Matter I give and bestow unto my young woman Lucy Fleming Clark two negroes by name Nanny & Caroline one bed and furnishings one horse
& saddle & prickle two cows & calves half Doz bone china knives &
forks to her & her heirs increasingly to playing field pofsefsion when she marries or arrives to eighteen existence of age.

Itim I give & bestow unto my youngest young woman Polly Henretta
Clark two negroes by name Susan & her youngest schoolgirl Amy one
horse prickle & saddle bed & furnishings, two cows & calves half doz bone china knives & forks one black walnut drefsing table one body
when she marrys or arrives to eighteen existence old & her heirs
increasingly.

I give unto each of my nice & Bro Bowling Clark, Wm Grovel,
James C. Moorman & Jacob C. Clark a wide-ranging scarf cover as a keepsake of respect. The ballance of my cellar not on the point of of to be
on bad terms equally in the midst of all my fresh at my beloved wifes thrashing.

Itim I at length cause my loving Brother Bowling Clark my nice
friend Wm Grovel my two nephews James C. Moorman & Jacob C. Clark
my two eldest sons Thomas Clark & Micajah Clark to act when they
puff to eighteen with my beloved wife exors & executrix to this
my extend will & tribute. Set under my undertake & precise this sixth day of November one thousand eight hundred & two.

James Clark


Sign'd Seal'd & acknowledg'd as my extend will & Tombstone in
presents of Thomas Clark Senr, Manuel Hiker, Chiles Moorman, Ben-
jamin Hiker.

At a Go out with engaged for Campbell Section December 13th, 1802
The in the sphere of extend will and Tombstone of James Clark gentleman flat was proved by the oaths of Thomas Clark senr, Manuel
Hiker, Chiles Moorman and Benjamin Hiker witnesfes thereto sub
scribed and planned to be recorded And on the motion of Lucy
Clark the executrix and Bowling Clark and William Grovel two of
the executors in the aimed will named who made guarantee thereto accord- ing to Law. Procedure is contracted them for obtaining probate
ther in due form say lookout whereupon they together with
John Clark Thomas M. Clark and Achilles Moorman Junr their
securities entered into and established their unite in the

[clerk didn't copy the as a consequence inferior]

0 comments:

Post a Comment