Make Yourself

Back To The Blog And Ready For Kickstarter


Back To The Blog And Ready For Kickstarter
I'm getting match to approve a overweight innovative of a answer running. Approximately a court ago approximately this time, I didn't judge it but I was about to enter a time distort. I flew to Seattle (pictured upper at peculiar Starbucks in Seattle), to begin research on a book that I along with wrote over the bordering 10 months. I met some fabulous people at the Gottman/Johnson Couples Psychotherapy Aspect (each are subjects of my book). Always equally, this blog got put on the shelf.

Unmanageable blog.

It's now time to come full set back to the blog and fraction my project with you. Blogging about marriage and relationships in the first place was what planted the precious stone to record the first guide for couples who need couples psychiatric therapy but don't judge how to find the right teacher for their situation.

I had no idea this project would bring about the form it did. My life-and my family's life-changed a lot as week some time ago week of late nights and all-weekend benders convex over the notebook became a sort of conventional. The carry on result? Coarsely 225 pages and 10 chapters forward-thinking, "Be stuck on Under Repair: How to Save Your Nuptial and Reside Couples Psychotherapy "is born!

Now that I personal a total manuscript I've been "beta testing" it with different close friends and contemporaries in the field of marriage and couples psychiatric therapy. A few weeks ago my editor told me about Kickstarter, a place where people staff their farsighted projects and attract "backers," who expletive financial support to help get on your way the project. I've been not there a way to do a total beta-test of the manuscript with anyone spontaneous to give honest rejoinder, and Kickstarter is how I'm leaving to do it!

Subsequent to weekend I'm flying a videographer in from New York to happen at my construction and covering my Kickstarter video-a book trailer that introduces people to the project and asks for their financial support in connection for "rewards." I haven't finalized all the rewards yet, but they'll attach swift advance electronic copies of the book, hard copies what it comes out, and a gamble to technique your own 250 word story or one tip about sparing your marriage with the help of couples psychiatric therapy. Causal fiscally is friendly of like pre-ordering the book. You similarly personal the ability to support in arrogant ways and be warmly invited to be part of my chime of advisers.

If you've never heard of Kickstarter, it's a very popular bump backing website. One great diplomacy you indigence four-sided figure out is Sugar Trivial Have a nap, by Alexis Dubief, a parent blogger at www.troublesometots.com.

Sponsorship my project on Kickstarter is friendly of like casting your right to be heard to give your blessing to this book to be untutored. This is the same as if I don't reach my backing goals, I don't get to keep any of the dollars pledged to me. According to one of the founders of Kickstarter, Yancey Tyrant, "I think the all-or-nothing theory is part of what makes it work. It's part of the game-ification of life. If [a Kickstarter diplomacy] is getting close, the internet comes flesh and blood and makes it arrive."



0 comments:

Post a Comment